Sunday, May 8, 2011

Turn, Turn, Turn

For many years I've had this annoying thing called Ménière's Syndrome, always on the right side. Ringing comes and goes, dizziness happens from time to time, and occasionally (the last one was ten years ago) I get a whammy of a vertigo attack with plenty of barfing. Last night the whammy kind visited me while I was home alone, and since my fluid loss was starting to cause shakes, I phoned one of my excellent neighbors who called for an ambulance and came over to let in the EMTs.

Quiet ambulance ride, 5 hours in the E.R., IV fluids, anti-barfing drugs. That did the trick. I'm back home now and feeling much better.

4 comments:

Gregg said...

Ick. Sorry your Saturday was so unpleasant, Bobby. I'm glad you're feeling better today.

SK Waller said...

I'm so sorry Bob! What a terrifying thing to happen. Please don't do that again, okay? OKAY?

Bob said...

I promise to do my best.

Nancy said...

Eek! I'm glad you're better.

Happy Birthday to you :)