Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Strange Book

I've been having great fun since our branch library re-opened after renovations, especially with that nifty online thing where I can select books from any other branch and have them delivered to ours. I have so many holds in various queues that I've lost track. On the reserve shelf today in my name was a book called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. wtf. I don't remember requesting that one. I'm confused. Inside the front flap it says "Perhaps there is some sort of secret homing instinct in books that brings them to their perfect readers." Whoa. This thing had better be good.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

It did not occur to me that Guernsey would have a "visitme.com" presence ... but nothing these days should surprise me :)

http://www.visitguernsey.com/guernsey-literary-and-potato-peel-pie-society/

Bob said...

Road Trip! er, Sea Trip!