Monday, May 17, 2010

Miscellany

It's time for another edition of Random Thoughts and Web Links. Here we go.

The rain falls hard. The ground is soaked. The yard is flooded.

I sleep much more soundly at night knowing other people are worrying about who will be awarded contracts to operate television screens on buses in Inner Mongolia.

Look, something called a personal mobility device. I gotta get me one of those.

As unbelievable as this sounds, someone actually opened a new independent book store. As in, an actual store where you can walk inside and look at books and sit in comfy chairs and everything. It's called Flyleaf Books.

We watched Matilda in its entirety Sunday night. It's good.

My mom visited this weekend from Ohio. We had good fun and did plenty of eating and it was fun. Did I mention fun? She flew back today. Sniff.

I just started reading The Book of Lost Things. Too early to comment.

I finished Pat Conroy's South of Broad. The man's got some chops. It was a moderately decent book, though he isn't very good at writing dialogue.

Who says you need a license to become a commercial pilot? Ha!

This article resonated with me: I've found that avoiding screens after dinner helps me sleep better.

4 comments:

girlnblack77 said...

That U3-X is pretty nifty... every time I see something like that, such as a Hoveround, etc., I am reminded of the gross fellow in Dune... a character somewhat repeated in Wall-E.

Valerie said...

I've tried Pat Conroy but have never connected. I wanted to.

Spelling G. said...

>U3-X Personal Mobility Prototype

That looks great for people who need it. Beyond that, I see even fatter asses in our future. Just when you think that's not possible, Honda comes through with the FatAss 3000.

Still: very cool for folks with limited mobility.

Bob said...

And I'm sure it's inexpensive. Hee.