Monday, March 15, 2010

Mirror Mirror

Will Bob triumph? Will Bob reach a place of harmony and peace with the bathroom wall mirror? Will Bob do his part with great care and gentleness so the motherloving mirror won't break again? Yes! Yes, he will. And then the family will go out to dinner one Saturday night and return to find that the beautiful, beautiful mirror with its beautiful, beautiful frame has cracked by itself, all the way from the top to the bottom on the right side.

This is fun. Not sure what's next, but I promise I'll let you know. This is becoming the mirror blog.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Fun--not! :( Is there a fault under your house or something?

Bob said...

Yeah, there may be some kind of settling going on. It's unsettling. Ha. Unsettling.

Gregg said...

Amusingly, the first few times I read your sentence "This is fun.", I saw "This is not fun." So much for my credentials as an unbiased reader.

Gregg said...

Is there any way to compromise between adhesion and using screws to hold the mirror? I was thinking of mounting the mirror on some cheap plywood backing with enough of a border that you screw the frame into the board and not the mirror. Or is this too heavy or expensive?

Bob said...

Well, the word "not" begins the sentence that follows.

I'm basically not going to attach it to the wall at all any any any any more. I'm having a frame shop make the mirror/frame into one solid piece with a horizontal wire on the back. Then I'll just hang it, so it won't be at the whim of the shifting house.